The hotter it is outside, the less you tend to feel like cooking and eating hot meals. You can successfully substitute them with salads, however, you should remember that cold food requires more effort from the body when being digested, so it can be noticeably heavy, which is why taking enzymes is recommended.
Below is a slightly modified recipe for a rice salad that I saw on TV 🙂
Ingredients (for about 3 portions):
– 1/2 cup full grain rice (it can also be black or red rice)
– 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
– 1 cup of cooked broad bean (fava bean) or chickpea
– a handful of hazelnuts or unsalted pistachios (or pumpkin/sunflower seeds)
– lime juice
– chili, himalayan salt, pepper
– dried mint
– dried ground garlic
1. Cook the rice in salted water, 1:2 and let cool.
2. Fry the seeds or nuts on a dry pan. The pistachios are baked, so they don’t require frying.
3. Peel the avocado, remove the pit and mash it with salt and lime juice.
4. Put the rice, nuts, pomegranate seeds, beans (or chickpeas) and avocado together in a large bowl.
5. Add the dried garlic, mint, chili and pepper.
All done 🙂
The salad is nutritious and filling, it can make for one of the main meals. Because of the variety of ingredients and its heaviness, I recommend supplementing vitamin B6 (25mg).