My daughter came up with the recipe for these cookies, and their name comes from the chocolate stripes on top 🙂
The cookies contain flour, nuts and oil, so they can be a good addition to a small amount of fruit.
– 1 cup of spelt flour
– 1 tablespoon of rice flour
– 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
– 2/3 of a cup of ground almonds (or other nuts)
– 3 teaspoons of cocoa powder
– 1 teaspoon of baking soda
– 1/3 of a cup of xylitol
– 1/2 of a cup of clarified butter (ghee)
– 1 egg
All you need to do is combine the ingredients, work the dough and form cookies on a baking tray. Bake in 180C [350F] for 15-20 minutes. When finished, pour melted chocolate onto them in stripes after they’ve cooled.