An example of a cake people with Candida overgrowth can eat – instead of flour, this recipe uses ground almonds and instead of sugar, xylitol. Your body needs to get used to xylitol, so you should be careful with the amount 🙂 When heat processed, the oranges lose most of their vitamin C content and become harmless, but add moisture and flavor to the cake.
– 2 small oranges
– 250 g ground almonds or nuts
– 180 g of xylitol
– 6 eggs
– a teaspoon of baking powder
– chocolate (85% Lindt)
– a tablespoon of coconut oil.
1. Peel the oranges and cut them into small pieces. Put them into a pot with a little bit of water and stew until soft, then blend into a smooth mousse.
2. Mix the eggs in a mixer with xylitol into a fluffy consistency.
3. Add the mousse into the eggs and xylitol, then add almonds, vanilla and the baking powder. Mix until well combined.
4. Put the dough into a pan lined with baking paper.
5. Bake in 180C [350F] for an hour.
6. Break the chocolate into small pieces and give it a water bath after adding coconut oil.
7. Pour the melted chocolate onto the cake.